In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per foot for painting and $13.50 per foot for hauling and blocking. The boat is 21 feet.
On July 21 I delivered the boat by water. It was hauled and blocked. On July 26, 2016 I received a written estimate for the work - $2281.24. I had clearly told Marty the boat was never kept in the water and had never been painted. I was told by Rob that the $19.50/ft quote was for repainting only and not for first time painting. After a week and a half with no satisfactory explanation for the discrepancy in price I took the boat after paying $283.50 for the hauling and blocking fee.
I have received other quotes from local marinas which are significantly less than Scandia.
I am clearly disappointed with my treatment at Scandia. Integrity is most important in business.
I find them lacking and would not recommend them to anyone.
Attached: quote received after the boat was hauled and blocked:
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Scandia Marine Services Boat Bottom Painting Estimate
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "purchased a atv 125cc auto was shipped to my house i put it together and the motor leaked oil out of the bottom. Talked with customer service and then a..."
- "I purchased a 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom on 04/17/12 and went to pick up the tags and registration on 05/04/12 at Rommels HD in Smyrna, DE. This is an..."
- "I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it. The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over..."
- "Oh wow last night was the worst service and food i have wver had at a TB. We ordered 2 taco salads, soft taco supremes, and a burrito supreme. I..."
- "I bought Skidders shoes, style #XY3102, color black, size 8. My baby was 1 year old and wearing a shoes size 5, but I can't put they on baby's feet. They..."
- "My mother and I visited an Applebee's in Covington,VA. Upon being seated at a booth, I immediately noticed how nasty no flifthy the booths were. The fabric on the..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."