Scandia Marine Services - Bottom paint - bait and switch

In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per foot for painting and $13.50 per foot for hauling and blocking. The boat is 21 feet.

On July 21 I delivered the boat by water. It was hauled and blocked. On July 26, 2016 I received a written estimate for the work - $2281.24. I had clearly told Marty the boat was never kept in the water and had never been painted. I was told by Rob that the $19.50/ft quote was for repainting only and not for first time painting. After a week and a half with no satisfactory explanation for the discrepancy in price I took the boat after paying $283.50 for the hauling and blocking fee.

I have received other quotes from local marinas which are significantly less than Scandia.

I am clearly disappointed with my treatment at Scandia. Integrity is most important in business.

I find them lacking and would not recommend them to anyone.

Attached: quote received after the boat was hauled and blocked:

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #907648 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Scandia Marine Services? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Scandia Marine Services. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Scandia Marine Services.
Filing a new complaint about