Scandia Marine Services - Bottom paint - bait and switch
In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per foot for painting and $13.50 per foot for hauling and blocking. The boat is 21 feet.
On July 21 I delivered the boat by water. It was hauled and blocked. On July 26, 2016 I received a written estimate for the work - $2281.24. I had clearly told Marty the boat was never kept in the water and had never been painted. I was told by Rob that the $19.50/ft quote was for repainting only and not for first time painting. After a week and a half with no satisfactory explanation for the discrepancy in price I took the boat after paying $283.50 for the hauling and blocking fee.
I have received other quotes from local marinas which are significantly less than Scandia.
I am clearly disappointed with my treatment at Scandia. Integrity is most important in business.
I find them lacking and would not recommend them to anyone.
Attached: quote received after the boat was hauled and blocked:
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Scandia Marine Services Boat Bottom Painting Estimate
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought 3 months ago the motor bike leather gloves for Harley Davidson. Although they do get worn every day the stitching fell apart after 4 weeks. The quality of..."
- "Bought a new Electra Glide Classic on my way home, the rear tire went flat, i called the dealer was told the tires do not have road hazard, I had..."
- " I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it. It runs great..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "FedEx has the most unprofessional people working for them. I've had packages delivered by them that were so-called lost and that they couldn't get into our building which never stopped..."
- "Today a man was brutally attcked by a gang of men outside a KFC. The man was simply getting a bucket of chicken to take home to his grand kids..."